Job Title : Armac Martin Ltd - Apprentice CNC Milling Setter - Intermediate Apprenticeship - January 2020 Start
Employer : Armac Martin Ltd
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands, B7 4 RS
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Operative
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00132
Brief Description : We are currently seeking an apprentice CNC Milling Setter to join our fast-growing company. As an apprentice CNC Milling Setter you will be working with our dynamic machine shop team where you will have the opportunity to learn from our staff
Qualifications Required : A passion for engineering is more important that set qualifications.
Vacancy Detail : Founded in 1929 and operating out of our Dollman Street Birmingham site, we are a family owned and run business committed to creating beautiful, luxury cabinet hardware. From the initial design process, to hand finishing our collections we are able to oversee all phases of production. Our collections and designs are found in some of the world’s finest kitchens and interiors.
We are seeking to employ and train 1 apprentice.
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing. The initial training will be broad based and could lead to a first appointment as a CNC Milling Setter.
As an apprentice CNC Milling Setter you will work in a fast paced environment where quality is of the upmost importance. Key responsibilities will include:
• Preparing materials and equipment for machining.
• Supporting CNC Operators with day to day tasks such as clearing down machines, moving raw materials, counting parts and taking part in quality checks.
• Supporting CNC Setters with day to day tasks such as loading machines, setting machines, programming machines (when adequately trained) and taking part in quality checks.
• Maintaining equipment to the appropriate standard.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon - Thurs 7.30am - 4.30pm, Fri 7.30am - 12.30pm
Salary : £144.30 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 27/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 28/02/2020
Personal Qualities : • Highly motivated.
• Hard working.
• A strong attention to detail.
• A high focus on quality.
• Willing to learn.
Skills Required : • Strong attention to detail
• Highly organised
• Able to prioritise
• Able to work in teams and individually
• A basic understanding of manufacturing
Future Prospects : On completion for your apprenticeship, you will become a CNC Setter
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations
Level 2 Certificate in Engineering Operations
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Lean/Business Improvement
- Mechanical maintenance/assemblies
- General Machining, Fitting and Assembly Applications
- Bench Fitting
Relevant Workplace Training
Functional Skills (If required)
Please note that this Intermediate (Level 2) Apprenticeship will last for 12-18 months. It will involve spending one day per week at MAKE UK's state-of-the-art Training Hub in Aston, and four days per week at the employer's site for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Other Information : The format of the apprenticeship training is 1 day a week with block weeks in the summer.
Things to consider : This is a level 2 apprenticeship, so on completion of this apprenticeship, you may be given the opportunity to do a level 3 apprenticeship.
You will receive Full job role training on site at Armac Martin.
The map below shows the employer's location