Spline Gauges- Level 3- Machining Engineering Apprenticeship
Company: Spline Gauges Limited
Location: Birmingham, B78 2ER
Salary: £292.50 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 04/03/2024
Start Date: 09/09/2024
Positions Available: 3
Working Week: Year 1: Mon- Thurs 8am-4.30pm Fri 8am-12.30pm
Learning from a highly experienced and skilled workforce you will have the opportunity to train and work in numerous manufacturing techniques within a high precision environment.
GCSE or equivalent English, Maths and Science C/4 or above
- High level of interest in engineering
- Keen and willing to learn.
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Analytical skills
- Team working
Training to be Provided
Together with invaluable commercial and practical experience, you’ll gain several academic and vocational qualifications throughout your time with us, which are fully paid for, including:
● Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham in year 1
● Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
● Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
● In house training in line with your requirements.
Apprenticeships will typically lead to a skilled role in one of our machinist sections such as turning, milling, cylindrical/bore grind, spline grind, wire EDM and calibration. We also have opportunities in design and technical sales for the right candidates. Longer term, a role in management in one of these functions would be available.
Who are we?
- Established in 1962 Spline Gauges is the world’s leading manufacturer of spline gauges and master gears exporting to over 60 countries worldwide
- Europe’s largest gear & spline calibration laboratory
- Customer sectors include automotive, aerospace, motor racing, defence
What I'll be doing?
Apprentices will be working in a high quality precision environment following customer specifications and internal designs. They will undertake a structured training program covering the following areas:
o Manual & CNC turning
o Manual & CNC milling
o Surface, cylindrical & bore grinding
o Spline grinding
o CNC gear grinding
o Electric discharge machining (EDM)
o Technical sales
o Calibration & inspection
We have flexed start and finish times as stated below…
Working hours from second year:
• Mon: 6.30am / 8am to 3pm / 4.30pm
• Tues: 6.30am / 8am to 3pm / 4.30pm
• Wed: 6.30am / 8am to 3pm / 4.30pm
• Thurs: 6.30am / 8am to 3pm / 4.30pm
• Fri: 6.30am / 8am to 12noon / 1.30pm
- Health insurance
- Company pension
- Life insurance