Job Title : BenweldSecure - General Welder level 2 apprenticeship
Employer : Benweldsecure LTD
Location : Hartlebury, Worcestershire, DY10 4JB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Operative
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00233
Brief Description : As a Multi Skilled General Welding apprentice, not only will you will be supporting the Operations team to bespoke, high standard security equipment, you will be participating in high, bespoke projects.
Qualifications Required : 3 or more GCSEs at Grade 3 / D or above, particularly in Maths, English and Science
Vacancy Detail : BensweldSecure is a leading designer and manufacturer of High Security Steel Doors, Medium Security Steel Doors, Blast Doors and Fire Doors.
We also provide High Security Cabinets, Weapon and Ammunition Storage Cabinets, Security Bars and Lightweight Security Wall Lining.
We supply to the security industry, utility companies, UK Government Agencies, MOD and Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) organisations. All products are tailor made and installed by BenweldSecure.
We are looking for a General Welding Apprentice to work in our business in Hartlebury.
The level 2 Apprenticeship will last for approximately 18 months and combine both studies at MAKE UK in Birmingham and on the job learning with an experienced mentor at the Factory.
*Please note, in order to be considered you must NOT hold any level 3 qualifications (A Levels or BTECs) in engineering or other relevant qualifications. If you do hold level 3 or above qualifications you will not be eligible for this role
As well as training and qualifications, you will also be paid a competitive rate of pay and will also be eligible for benefits, we will also support your continuing professional development after you have qualified.
As a Multi Skilled General Welder, not only will you will be supporting the Operations team to bespoke, high standard security equipment, you will be participating in high, bespoke projects.
It is essential that you have a practical hands-on approach to completing these tasks and you will need good organisational skills to enable you to manage the range of tasks competing for attention. At the training centre you will be studying subjects to give you the appropriate knowledge and skills to carry out these tasks such as Basic Maintenance Procedures and Techniques, CNC Programming, CAD/CAM, and Lean methodology to name a few.
As an Apprentice you will be exposed to certain departments. Welding Department offers to train you to:
- Produce good quality welds using two welding process/material type combinations (TIG, MMA, MIG/MAG, FCAW) and (Carbon and Low Alloy steel, High Alloy Ferritic/Martensitic Steel, Austenitic Stainless Steel, Nickel and Nickel Alloys, Aluminium and Aluminium Alloys) in two welding positions (Downhand, Horizontal, Vertical, Overhead).
- Achieve a quality of work to meet international standards for dimensional and surface inspection, Particle Inspection and Dye Penetrant Inspection).
- Position, prepare and check the welding equipment.
- Receive, handle and maintain consumables
- Prepare, check and protect materials and work area ready for welding.
- Complete and check the finished weld ready for inspection and report into the production control
- Ensure that health and safety requirements are fully accounted for in all the above.
You will be making:
• Security Doors
• Security Fire Doors
• Guard Posts
• High Security Cabinets
• Security screens / Louvres & Doors
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Mon - Fri 7am - 3pm + 1 hour paid lunch.
Salary : £ 172.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 25/06/2021
Possible Start Date : 13/09/2021
Personal Qualities : Enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills
Self-motivated and reliable
Must have a positive approach to work
Want to participate in a team environment
Be able to use your initiative
Flexible and Punctual
Skills Required : Practical, someone who enjoys working with their hands, who is up for a challenge.
Good organisational skills with the ability to manage a range of tasks competing for attention.
Good interpersonal skills.
Future Prospects : There is potential for the right candidates to move into a Senior position/role, fully supported by a Continuous Professional Development programme within Benweldsecure LTD (dependent on overall performance).
Once your apprenticeship has finished you may be expected to work longer hours to suit the workload – this will only be occasional.
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations
Level 2 Certificate in Engineering Operations
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Lean/Business Improvement
- Mechanical maintenance/assemblies
- General Machining, Fitting and Assembly Applications
- Bench Fitting
Relevant Workplace Training
Functional Skills (If required)
Please note that this Intermediate (Level 2) Apprenticeship will last for 12-18 months. It will involve spending one day per week at MAKE UK's state-of-the-art Training Hub in Aston, and four days per week at the employer's site for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Other Information : Please note, in order to be considered you must NOT hold any level 3 qualifications (A Levels or BTECs) in engineering or other relevant qualifications. If you do hold level 3 or above qualifications you will not be eligible for this role.
The Apprentice is expected to attend MAKE UK in Birmingham on 1 day release. And block weeks throughout the year.
The map below shows the employer's location