Job Title : Shaftec - Level 2 - Apprentice Steering Pump Operative
Employer : Shaftec Automotive Components Ltd
Location : Birmingham, B18 5JA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Engineering Operative
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00297
Brief Description : To work as part of a team within a dedicated team of Production Operatives, in the steering pump division, working to production targets.
Qualifications Required : A minimum of 3 GCSEs, or equivalent, at grade 3 / D including Maths and English
Vacancy Detail : Shaftec has been supplying remanufactured and new parts to the motor trade for over 20 years and is now firmly established as the leading transmission, steering and braking supplier to the UK aftermarket. A full range of products available from stock includes driveshafts, CV joints, brake calipers, steering racks, steering pumps and bootkits.
Shaftec offers its customers the largest range of premium products, backed by the highest levels of availability and exceptional customer service.
As part of a multi-million pound expansion programme, in January 2015 the business relocated its Headquarters in Birmingham to new 42,000sq ft premises – to incorporate its remanufacturing facilities and warehouse into one site.
We are looking to employ 2 production operative apprentices to join the break caliper division.
1. Perform tasks within the strip and clean area considered to be within his/her capability.
2. Undertake any necessary training to allow for flexibility between the differing strip and clean areas and train other personnel.
3. Carry out minor maintenance tasks and specified routine preventative maintenance.
4. Communicate to Supervision any deficiencies in the production activity as they are detected and suggest any possible actions to correct these deficiencies
5. Ensure that tools, gauges, measuring equipment, etc. are properly stored
6. Assembling and dismantling Steering Pumps.
7. Working on bench using various hand and air tools
8. Meeting set targets
9. Working on the wash & shot blast machinery as required
10. To follow company’s Quality and Health & Safety policies
11. Ensure all processes and procedures set are followed as documented by the company’s management system to achieve the output of the expected quality and health & safety requirements
12. Any other duties appropriate to the post as required.
Due to health and safety on site rules, over 18's only need apply.
Your salary will be age dependant:
18 – 20 = pay £6.56 p/h, 21-22 would be £8.36 p/h and 23 or over would be £8.91 p/h. Once all training is complete your salary would increase to £9.50 p/h.
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Mon - Fri 7:30am - 4pm
Salary : £ 262.40 to £ 356.40 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 27/10/2021
Possible Start Date : 01/11/2021
Personal Qualities : • Adapting to change
• Excellent timekeeping
• Team player
Skills Required : • the ability to work quickly and well
• basic computer skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• good teamwork skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• the ability to complete paperwork and count product items
Future Prospects : Once qualified you will become a production operative
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations
Level 2 Certificate in Engineering Operations
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Lean/Business Improvement
- Mechanical maintenance/assemblies
- General Machining, Fitting and Assembly Applications
- Bench Fitting
Relevant Workplace Training
Functional Skills (If required)
Please note that this Intermediate (Level 2) Apprenticeship will last for 12-18 months. It will involve spending one day per week at MAKE UK's state-of-the-art Training Hub in Aston, and four days per week at the employer's site for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Other Information : This level 2 apprenticeship involves attending Make UK's training facility one day per week where the hours are 8am - 4:30pm. You will also have certain block release weeks where you will in at Make UK for the full week.
The map below shows the employer's location