Epwin - Level 3 - Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician Apprentice
Company: Epwin Group Limited
Location: Telford, TF3 3AT
Salary: £258.92 per week
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Application Deadline Date: 30/08/2022
Start Date: 05/09/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Year 1 - Mon - Thur 8am - 4.30pm; Fri 8am - 12.30pm
To assist in the installation, maintenance and service of plant and equipment, including project and development work to manufacturers standards under the supervision of a member of the maintenance department.
The successful candidate will hold a minimum of 3 GCSEs, or equivalent, at a pass grade (C/4) or above.
These GCSEs will include maths, English language and preferably a science/ engineering related subject
• Clean, neat and tidy approach to work.
• Punctual and adaptable.
• Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a larger team.
• Good polite manner.
• Motivated to learn and develop skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Positive approach to the working environment.
• Driven approach to work.
• Ability to lead a team
• Good level of numeracy and literacy.
• Ability to use a PC to an operational level.
• Good communication skills.
• Mechanically minded with good dexterity
Once you graduate you will become a maintenance technician, and this can lead to a senior maintenance engineer, engineering manager or project manager
Epwin Group is one of the UK’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of PVC windows, doors and fascia systems with some of the best known manufacturing and service names in the sector. Group businesses also produce high quality cladding, guttering, decking and prefabricated GRP building components.
Epwin Group takes a strong ethical stance in its manufacturing and distribution operations, which is evidenced by group wide investment in Quality, Environmental and H&S Certifications.
Epwin are looking to recruit an apprentice multi-skilled maintenance technician.
A maintenance engineer will perform preventative scheduled maintenance tasks and well as the effective resolution of machine fault / breakdowns, by fault finding and finding an effective repair solution in a timely fashion.
The role will involve:
• Adherence to all organisational policies, management systems and standard operational procedures, including legal responsibilities in relation to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality.
• Work positively to develop and foster good working relationships with colleagues and contracted personnel in order to maintain a culture of mutual respect and dignity.
• Represent the organisation in a positive way as to avoid the damage of corporate image or bringing the company into disrepute.
• Promote and Display the Epwin Core Values.
• Assist and support site wide continual improvement activity and develop lean thinking principles
• Maintain a flexible approach to operations and undertake tasks for which he/she is technically competent
• Operate in a responsible manner and maintain a good standard of work and training records
• Attend training facilities and assessment periods as and when required by the company, to fulfill your educational commitment
• Assist the company to gain and maintain a competitive advantage by whatever means the company deems necessary and within your capability to achieve
Please note that this role is based in Telford, however during your first year, you will be expected to travel to Birmingham daily, so the willingness and ability to travel to Make UK's training facility, in time for an 8am start, 5 days per week for your first year is essential.